Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Morning Sickness 5/31/11

     David Lennon can read minds.

     Or at least translate vague quotes into seemingly newsworthy information.

     In today's column, Lennon actually makes up... that's right... MAKES UP a quote from The Mets new minority owner David Einhorn.  Here it is:

"I can't make any such assurance," Einhorn said. "It will be what it will be, you know? It's not that people aren't going to try really hard to avoid that sort of a circumstance. But the future is uncertain and there's a wide range of possible outcomes of all sorts of things. That's true of life in general, and it's true in this circumstance as well."

As in, "Good luck, Freddy. We'll touch base again in 2014 so I know when to move my stuff into the big office."
-David Lennon
Newsday

     What?!?!

     How did Lennon get that information from such a general, bland, nothing-of-a-statement?  Einhorn said absolutely nothing in that quote and Lennon turned it into Fred Wilpon's walking papers.


"I guess it is what it is"


As in, "I still take bubble baths with my floating toys."

-Trip McFeely

No comments:

Post a Comment