Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Morning Sickness 3/29/11

Where to begin...

Usually The Mets beat writers suffer from broken-record-syndrome on Twitter by posting the same goddamn (non)story 50 times in a row to the point where I want to slit my wrists.  However, over the last 24 hours, they can't even get on the same page:

Last night, I read this story by the New York Time's David Waldstein, where he reports that "The Mets have asked the right-handed reliever Jason Isringhausen to remain in extended spring training for a week or two to increase his arm strength and reassure them that his elbow is healthy."

OK... Sounds... realistic...

But then this morning I read my boy Steve Popper's tiny little two-paragraph story where he suggests that both Izzy AND Blaine Boyer Met with the Mets yesterday, but neither was asked to accept an assignment to participate in extended spring training.

And then there's this:

So to recap, Waldstein says the Mets asked Izzy to stay in extended spring training... Popper says Neither Boyer, nor Isringhausen were asked to accept an assignment... And Ruben says a minor league assignment was suggested to Boyer, but not necessarily to Izzy (at least Rubin has sources)...

C'mon guys get your shit together.  I know I've suggested some diversity in your stories, but this isn't quite what I meant.


-Trip McFeely

No comments:

Post a Comment