Saturday, April 9, 2011

Dave D'Alessandro: Professional Clown

     The New York Metropolitans have played 7 games this year to a record of 3 - 4.  And with 155 games left to play in what is a very long baseball season,  the Star-Ledger's





Never mind that he’s a mere stopgap. It hardly matters that everyone knows Sandy Alderson is basically using Collins to (cliché alert) change the culture for a few years before he can put the team in a position to moneyball its way back into your heart."
     Does "everyone" know? Really? and Who exactly is "everyone"?  That's such playground talk.  'Everyone knows you eat your boogers.'  Get the hell out of here.  I'll tell you what I know, if the Mets play good baseball, and continue to show they can battle, as they have a few times in this young season, Collins will be fine.

    





"...Mets fans are a sensible, albeit pessimistic, bunch."
That's fair, and shouldn't we be?
"...Nobody seriously expects Johan Santana to ever pitch again."
Uh, who said that? Ever again?  I mean I am skeptical by his All-Star Break Goal, but this is a new regime hasn't given me a reason not to trust them yet.  You need to stop reading Steve Popper's bullshit columns.
"...Nobody expects Jose Reyes and Francisco Rodriguez to finish the season here. "
No, K-Rod is one thing (we want him gone), but you and your snobby columnist friends don't expect Jose to be here, I mean when did Sandy put Jose on the block? Did I miss that? I'll admit that I'm scared that it 'could' happen, but WE'RE SEVEN GAMES INTO THE SEASON!!!
"...Nobody expects this team to drift too far from the 70- to 79-win vicinity they occupied the last two years."
Uh, speak for yourself asswipe, I do.  I believe this is a .500 team.  I think they're better than the Fish and the Nats.  And I know I am not alone with those thoughts.
"...Nobody expects them to do anything but uphold Collins’ mantra: 'This is a sport where failure is around the corner every day, almost."'







Jarvis here...

I had to add my 2 cents here because this clown is way too much for a Saturday morning. I just woke up, asshole, and THIS is how I start my day? But really, Dave...if you're going to take everything out of context, I'm just going to go ahead and do the same.

Quoth David D'Alessandro:

"We haven't a clue."

Truer words have never been written. Except in this blog post. By us here at The Toy Dept.

-Jarvis O'Dell

1 comment:

  1. Love the posts, and they are all so, so true!! Keep up the great work you guys are doing!!!

    ReplyDelete